[custom_headline type=”left” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”false”]Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU[/custom_headline]
Directive 2014/68/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of pressure equipment.
The objective of the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC is to guarantee the free circulation of stationary pressure equipment within the EU while ensuring a high degree of safety.
Under the Community regime of the Directive, pressure equipment and assemblies above specified pressure and/or volume thresholds must: be safe, meet essential safety requirements covering design, manufacture and testing, satisfy appropriate conformity assessment procedures; and carry the CE marking and other information.
Pressure equipment and assemblies below the specified pressure / volume thresholds must: be safe, be designed and manufactured in accordance with the sound engineering practice of a Member State and bear specified markings (but not the CE marking).
Directive applies to the design, manufacture and conformity assessment of pressure equipment and assemblies with a maximum allowable pressure PS greater than 0,5 bar.
For the purposes of this Directive, ‘Pressure equipment’ is defined as vessels, piping, safety accessories and pressure accessories. Where applicable, pressure equipment includes elements attached to pressurized parts, such as flanges, nozzles, couplings, supports, lifting lugs, etc.
The Pressure Equipment Directive has a long list of exemptions. Please refer to Article 1, clause 3 to find out which pressure equipment are excluded from the directive.
The pressure equipment in the scope of the Directive is classified in different categories (ranging from I to IV), according to ascending level of hazard in accordance with Annex II of the Directive. The involvement of a Notified Body is obligatory for equipment of category II or higher. Thus, only for category I products, the manufacturer performs the conformity assessment and documents the assessment in his own right.
Text of the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU:
List of European harmonized standards that pertain to the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU:
[custom_headline type=”left” level=”h3″ looks_like=”h5″ accent=”false”]European Harmonised Standards Related to Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU:[/custom_headline]
[recent_posts count=”2″ orientation=”horizontal” category=”pressure-equipment-directive”] [recent_posts count=”2″ orientation=”horizontal” category=”pressure-equipment-directive” offset=”2″]
- Machinery Directive – 2006/42/EC
- Low Voltage Directive – 2014/35/EU
- EMC Directive – 2014/30/EU
- Medical Devices Directive – 93/42/EEC
- Personal Protective Equipment Directive – 89/686/EEC
- Construction Products Regulation – Regulation (EU) No 305/2011
- REACH – Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006
- RoHS – Restriction of Hazardous Substances – Directive – 2011/65/EU
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive – 2012/19/EU
- ATEX Directive – 2014/34/EU
- Toy Directive – 2009/48/EC
- R&TTE Directive – 1999/5/EC
- Recreational Craft Directive – 94/25/EC
- Active Implantable Medical Devices Directive – 90/385/EEC
- Explosive for Civil Use Directive – 93/15/EEC
- Noise Emission in the Environment Directive – 2000/14/EC
- Gas Appliances Directive – 2009/142/EC
- Lifts Directive – 1995/16/EC
- Pyrotechnic Directive – 2007/23/EC
- Measuring Instruments Directive – 2004/22/EC
- What is CE marking?
- What does the CE mark mean? What do the initials CE stand for?
- Do your products need CE marking?
- How do you benefit from CE marking??
- In which countries is the CE marking required?
- What does CE certification cost?
- Do our products automatically qualify for the CE mark when they are UL/CSA approved?
- Who should undertake CE marking?
- Notified Bodies: What Are They? What Is Their Role
- What is the CE marking process?
- What files / documentation must I keep?
- How and where must the CE mark appear?
- Other Posts About CE Marking
[x_share title=”Share this Post” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” email=”true”]