On 5 June, the European Commission published an updated list of the European harmonized standards that pertain to the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC). The standards on this list may be used by machinery manufacturers to prove that their machinery complies with the essential requirements of this directive.
This updated list is important to all manufacturers of CE marked machinery that have used European harmonized standards to prove CE compliance. If you have applied standards to prove compliance with the aforementioned directive, we recommend you to check the new list of standards to see if any of the standard you applied have been updated, or whether there are new standards available for your products. When standards have been updated by this list, you need to re-evaluate your products against the updated standard and update your Declaration of Conformity.
On the list for the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC), the following standards are amended:
- EN 940:2009+A1:2012 Safety of woodworking machines – Combined woodworking machines
- EN 1034-8:2012 Safety of machinery – Safety requirements for the design and construction of paper making and finishing machines – Part 8: Refining plants
- EN 1034-16:2012 Safety of machinery – Safety requirements for the design and construction of paper making and finishing machines – Part 16: Paper and board making machines
- EN 1870-4:2012 Safety of woodworking machines – Circular sawing machines – Part 4: Multiblade rip sawing machines with manual loading and/or unloading
- EN 1870-13:2007+A2:2012 Safety of woodworking machines – Circular sawing machines – Part 13: Horizontal beam panel sawing machines
- EN 1870-14:2007+A2:2012 Safety of woodworking machines – Circular sawing machines – Part 14: Vertical panel sawing machines
- EN ISO 3745:2012 Acoustics – Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Precision methods for anechoic rooms and hemi-anechoic rooms (ISO 3745:2012)
- EN 13001-3-1:2012 Cranes – General Design – Part 3-1: Limit States and proof competence of steel structure
- EN 15949:2012 Safety of machinery – Safety requirements for bar mills, structural steel mills and wire rod mills
- EN 50580:2012 Safety of hand-held electric motor operated tools – Particular requirements for spray guns
- EN 60335-1:2012 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 1: General requirements IEC 60335-1:2010 (Modified)
Updated: The list of European harmonized standards (“2012 C159/01“) has been added to our CE Marking Library.