Recently our founder, Han Zuyderwijk, was interviewed by the fine folks at Chinaimportal. Here is a transcript of the interview.
Interpretation Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC: Interview with Ian Fraser
Interview with Ian Fraser, former Policy Officer at the European Commission responsible for the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC), and Team Leader about questions related to the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC).
Doug Nix and Han Zuyderwijk discuss with Ian about:
– the regulatory developments in the directive in the last ten years;
– the concept of the ‘person authorised to compile the technical documentation’ and how it differs from the authorised representative;
– the integration of risk assessment into the EMC Directive and Low Voltage Directive;
– responsibilities for products placed in the market when a) the relevant directives are amended, and b) relevant standards are amended. What does that mean for the conformity assessment and the Declaration of Conformity;
– how the future amendments to the Medical Devices Regulation/Directive relates to the Machinery Directive;
– are electromagnetic compatibility aspects of machinery going to be reinforced in the Machinery Directive;
whether there should be more regulations or certification of CE/Machine Safety consultants.
We briefly lost connection and therefore the recording was interrupted for a short while. Obviously, it pays off to join the live session ;)
Please leave your comments or questions below.
Q&A: CE Marking on Basis of Pre-Compliance Test?
Andrew Mackay and Han Zuyderwijk answer two questions form viewers. One question asks whether it is possible to affix the CE marking on the basis of EMC pre-compliance tests. The other question is about the applicable directives and standards for a muscle stimulation device.
Seminar: Your Content Matters
Interview with Berry Braster of Etteplan/Tedopres on the seminar Your Content Matters on the importance of simplified technical English in technical documentation and users manuals.
[x_share title=”Share this Post” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” email=”true”]
Interview: Harald Riekeles on the Machinery Directive
Representing the Association of German Plant and Equipment Manufacturers (VDMA), Mr. Harald Riekeles has been involved in the elaboration and amendments to the European Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC). In this interview, we discuss what the greatest accomplishments of the Directive are, and which amendments he would still like to see realized. It’s wonderful to learn from one of the persons that has been participating in the discussion in the European Commission, when the directive was first offered for discussion. Riekeles’ insights are useful for anyone that is dealing with the European Machinery Directive or with CE marking in general.
BTW.: Riekeles’ accent is German, mine is Dutch. :)
How did you like this interview? Did you agree with everything that was said? We’d love to hear from you. Talk back to us and add a few lines in the comment box below.