On July 11, 2014 the European Commission has published an updated list of European harmonized standards that pertain to the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) in the Official Journal of the European Union. Besides updates to existing standards, this list (2014/C 220/01) also contains 16 new standards.
The new list of harmonized standards for machinery introduces the following new harmonized standards:
- EN 415-10:2014 – Safety of packaging machines – Part 10: General Requirements
- EN 474-1:2006+A4:2013/AC:2014 – Earth-moving machinery – Safety – Part 1: General requirements
- EN ISO 3691-5:2014 – Industrial trucks – Safety requirements and verification – Part 5: Pedestrian-propelled trucks (ISO 3691-5:2014)
- EN ISO 3691-6:2013 – Industrial trucks – Safety requirements and verification – Part 6: Burden and personnel carriers (ISO 3691-6:2013)
- EN ISO 3691-6:2013/AC:2014
- EN 12312-4:2014 – Aircraft ground support equipment – Specific requirements – Part 4: Passenger boarding bridges
- EN 12643:2014 – Earth-moving machinery – Rubber-tyred machines – Steering requirements (ISO 5010:1992 modified)
- EN 13120:2009+A1:2014 – Internal blinds – Performance requirements including safety
- EN ISO 13482:2014 – Robots and robotic devices – Safety requirements for personal care robots (ISO 13482:2014)
- EN 13524:2003+A2:2014 – Highway maintenance machines – Safety requirements
- EN 14043:2014 – High rise aerial appliances for fire and rescue service use – Turntable ladders with combined movements – Safety and performance requirements and test methods
- EN 14044:2014 – High rise aerial appliances for fire and rescue service use – Turntable ladders with sequential movements – Safety and performance requirements and test methods
- EN 15011:2011+A1:2014 – Cranes – Bridge and gantry cranes
- EN 16307-5:2013 – Industrial trucks – Safety requirements and verification – Part 5: Supplementary requirements for pedestrian-propelled trucks
- EN 16307-6:2014 – Industrial trucks – Safety requirements and verification – Part 6: Supplementary requirements for burden and personnel carriers
- EN 16327:2014 – Fire-fighting – Positive-pressure proportioning systems (PPPS) and compressed-air foam systems (CAFS)
Besides these new standards, many standards have been updated.
Manufacturers of machinery that have applied European harmonized standards to confirm the CE marking compliance of their machinery are recommended to check if the standards they have applied have been updated. If they have, obtain the new standard and evaluate if the amendments require to update the conformity assessment. Manufacturers of the 16 types of machinery for which new standards were published on the list, are recommended to obtain and apply the standard(s) to their product.
Share this Post