Being in CE certification for almost 20 years, I have seen that there are a lot of misunderstandings about CE marking. Many people do not exactly understand its purpose. Many do not know which products must bear the CE mark. There are also many questions about in which countries the CE marking applies.
Maybe there is so much unclarity about CE certification, because the concept was never really promoted to consumers. The value of the mark is not so much for consumers, as it is for producers and employers.
I made this short video presentation to answer some of the basic questions about CE marking and CE certification. The following questions are answered:
- What is CE marking?
- What does the letters “CE” mean?
- Who owns “CE”?
- Who is responsible for affixing the CE mark?
- What are the benefits of CE certification?
- In which countries does the CE marking apply?
- How does CE marking help trade?
- Is the CE mark a quality marking or indication of origin?
- Which products require CE certification and must bear the CE marking?
- Does the CE marking apply to any of the following products?
- electrical products
- medical devices
- personal protective equipment
If you like the video, please share it. I would also like to hear back from you. Please send me your questions or post your comment below. I would also like to hear your suggestions on what type of specific questions would you like me to answer in a video just like this one?
Ready to learn more about CE marking?
We have a wealth of articles and posts about this topic. Click the following link to access them:
At CEMARKING.NET we offer on-line coaching and workshops to guide you through the CE marking process. We also provide the checklists and templates you need to document your assessments and the product compliance. You can start here.
Share this Post